Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby bunns

I've recently had a few people ask when the baby thing is happening. I guess I've been married long enough for people to start asking. What makes me feel weird, though, is that for all those that are asking, I figure there are twice as many not asking. And are they looking at me from every angle trying to figure it out? Call me paranoid, but I do that to people so maybe they do it to me too.
Black transparent top - Arden B., Dress - Erin Fetherston for Target, Black patent leather shoes - BCBGirls
What is something I see a lot of pregnant ladies wear? Empire waist dresses. Not only do I have that sort of situation with my dress, but then I wore an empire top over it too.
And I did actually think to myself, Man, whenever I am pregnant, I am going for this outfit.
But I am most definitely not with child. So I overcompensate for any misconceptions by talking about how I had a beer with dinner the night before, or I drink more wine than anybody else at dinner.
Good plan, right?
Besides feeling paranoid about my outfit, I was actually pretty proud of it. This dress has spaghetti straps, so I need to wear something over it to make it work-friendly. Meanwhile, this top is obviously see-through, and it's hard to find a tank top to wear underneath it with a proper neckline, so it doesn't get worn much. Combining two non-work pieces to make a work-friendly outfit?
Makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment