Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Arm Party

What time is it?
T-shirt - Pac Sun, Pink belt - American Eagle, Red jeans - Citizens of Humanity, Gold espadrilles - Michael Kors
Time for an arm party!
What? Isn't this how you dance?
Pretty Shiny Sparkly issued another challenge--the Arm Party challenge. I saw it posted Tuesday evening, and you need to have your link up Wednesday, so I scrambled a bit on this one. Luckily, I found a lot more bracelets hiding in my accessories drawer than I thought I had.
I even wrapped a necklace around (and around and around) my wrist too.
I wanted to keep the outfit simple to show off the arm party going on, and I couldn't help but go the color blocking route. Why? Because I've been wanting to! But also I think I missed that challenge a few months ago, so why not do two challenges in one?
And laugh and laugh in victory.
Ignore the frizz that is my hair. I didn't think I'd have time to take and post pictures in the morning, so I thought, Ah ha! I will do all of that difficult work Tuesday night (then just party on Wednesday without a care in the world). You know, at the end of the day. When I have less time to do my hair. And when I just needed to throw it up because I was baking. Tomorrow at work we're having a chocolate progressive! I baked white chocolate key lime calypso bars.

What? You don't know want those sorts of details? You want arm party details? Fine.
To the left. Gold bangles - Nordstrom, Other gold bangles, multi-colored and white bracelets - Uniquities, Teal watch - Michele Watches, Necklace as bracelet - Aeropostale. To the right. White watch - Michele Watches, Yellow bracelet - Not sure, Teal bracelet - Not sure, Gold bangles - Nordstrom, Other gold bangles, multi-colored and white bracelets - Uniquities, Red bracelet - Somewhere in Oxford..., Light green bracelet - Not sure
Oh yes, a chocolate party and an arm party. Wait 'til I serve my chocolate bars with all of this going on.

14 comments:

  1. Hey I participated in the BDIB challenege too! I came across your link and I'm loving your arm party! The multiple watches is haute!

    jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the random nature of your arm party!

    robyn of boluxe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from BDIB! Love that you wore two watches - I haven't been so daring to try that yet, but maybe I should!

    xx
    Marissa
    http://www.stylecusp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really piled on the arm candy!!! Everything looks soooo delicious! I wish there were closeups of the pieces!

    Prissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the arm party! Your rust colored jeans are really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya....wow there are soo many :D
    I love the watch, well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting and the compliments! The two watches might have gotten made fun of (in the real world, not in the blog world), but I liked the look of it.

    I gotta check out other's arm parties! I love the idea that 100s of us were wandering around our homes and jobs, admired by 1000s (or, on the other side of things, getting 1000s of, WTF is she doing?! reactions).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good sistah - enjoy the party!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - love the style and the way you presented it:-) Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue and red always look both polished and fresh together. I love your playful poses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, Grace, Steufel, and Suns to Moons. I definitely have to do more arm parties--even looking at others' parties, I just keep thinking it's the most simple but fun way to boost up an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to come to your arm party! Great bracelets! I suck at accessorizing and always in awe of those who do it well.

    http://aubsent-from-tx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the good thing about the arm party, I feel like. I'm bad at accessorizing too, but this was easy. Just throw together different metals, different colors, different styles--totally didn't matter. I mainly stuck with gold, and the blue definitely jumped out to me, but other than that, it was pretty much a free-for-all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You've got some serious bracelets girl! Cute:)

    ReplyDelete