Monday, August 15, 2011

Mountain weekend

Friday was spent in the car driving out to the mountains for a relaxing family weekend. I chose to be comfortable for the car ride.
Hair band - Target, Olive halter dress - American Eagle, Sandals - Jeffrey Campbell
I have my hair up like this for no heat curls, something I discovered via Dear Baby. I thought the updo needed to achieve the curls was so cute, I wanted to just wear my hair like this. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of different colored thin hair bands. I thought changing my purse to color coordinate might help.
Purse - tokidoki for LeSportsac
Plus it's a super summer time sort of purse.
A beach scene, complete with hot dogs, surfers, fish, and shells. And my favorite--random deer.
So we drove to the mountains with my hair looking like this:
And after a night of amazement at the trees and fresh air, I ended up with this:
I'm admiring the mountains views here.
Super cute curls! Completely amazing and easy.
Pink tank top (underneath) - Target, Top - Pac Sun, Shorts - 7 for All Mankind, Shoes - Puma
The rain killed some of the curls, and some of our walking time.
Hat - American Eagle
But mainly the weather was wonderful--so much cooler, to the point where a sweater was great to have.

Gray sweater - American Eagle, Striped dress - Lacoste, Belt - Target, Sandals - Jeffrey Campbell
The next day my hair was more loose waves than anything, but I still liked it. I need to get more thin hair bands (and looser too--that blue one was constantly moved around to prevent cutting off circulation)!

I also got in a lot of reading time. I'm creeping into the 900s in The Instructions, and hung out with Laura Ingalls Wilder for Little House in the Big Woods (4/5--charming!) and Little House on the Prairie (2/5--less cute stories and more facts and...Indian-hating--boo).

No comments:

Post a Comment