Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fave of the week: August 20-August 26

I had quite a fashionable week! It was difficult choosing a favorite when I could say that every single day I felt comfortable, girly, and pretty. I also felt very summertime-y, probably the least so, though, on Monday, the day of my fave outfit:
Nothing says fall like lots of browns.
Why does this one win out when I loved Wednesday's color blocking, Tuesday's crisp white with fun pop of green, and Saturday's lady-like shopping outfit? Because I am ridiculously proud of my pattern mixing here. Pin-striped skirt with diamond-patterned transparent shirt with floral-esque shirt underneath? Varying degrees of brown and beige and creme? Throwing in some black accessories? Finding a way to wear a shirt I don't even normally like on myself? I feel like this is why I'm not just reviewing books, this is why I wanted to be a "fashion blogger" too. It forces me outside my usual comfort zone. Does it work all the time? No, sometimes not. But usually my faves of the week are outfits that I pushed myself on, thought, Could this really work?

No comments:

Post a Comment