Saturday, August 20, 2011

I like your Mogwai

The other day on What I Wore, Jessica was talking about being a fashion blogger, but still sometimes just wearing the ol' jeans and shirt, and I thought, Preach, girlfriend. It helped me to justify what happened yesterday...you see, I was feeling like it was Friday on Thursday, so I had already worn a casual but still office-appropriate outfit then. This pretty much meant my Friday felt like Saturday, and so then this kind of happened:
OMG, I know.
Of the six people I saw and spoke to all day Friday, four said, "I like your Mogwai," which really cracked me up. If I saw somebody wearing this, I would say, "Ahhh, I love The Gremlins," merely referring to the movie. People had to get specific with me. I'm surprised they didn't say, "I love Gizmo," then, "Hey, did you know Howie Mandel did Gizmo's voice?"
Uh, no, I didn't. Man, that guy is talented.
Another fun fact, I was going to wear this with my white jeans. Maybe they shrunk in the wash? Or maybe I gained weight. Well, the point is, they didn't fit. So...yeah, they shrunk in the wash! Darn it!
Gold headband - Primark, T-shirt - some random 80s store, present from Husband, Belt - Target, Watch - Michele Watches, Bracelets - Nordstrom and Uniquities, Jeans - Gap, Sandals - Jeffrey Campbell
Totally random--should I see The Help this weekend? I originally gave it 2/5 stars on Goodreads, and I've actually over time become more annoyed and even angry about this book. I feel like the movie will not help me in feeling better...By the way, here's a letter from the Association of Black Women Historians regarding the movie that was posted recently on Celebitchy (oh yeah, I got there for gossip and to learn). Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment