Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekends mean the legs come out

I get itchy about midweek, wanting to wear shorts or shorter skirts. I just have so many cute shorter things that sit in my closet and beg to come out! So after a bike ride (gorgeous weather) and gym time, I had to pull on my new 7 shorts. These shorts kill me--maybe a couple of years ago I finally tossed the cuffed denim shorts, thinking they were never coming back, and yet....

Shirt - Martin + Osa, Belt - Primark, Shorts - 7 For All Mankind, Bracelets - Uniquities, Shoes - Franco Sarto
I balanced out the amount of leg showing by wearing a long-sleeve shirt from the now-defunct Martin + Osa. I adored Martin + Osa, and I really wish American Eagle would give it another go. This shirt is soft, easy, feminine--I like the little bit of ruffle to give it some interest.
I needed a shirt to cover my arms because I went to the movies with some fellow book clubbers and neighborhood ladies to watch Water for Elephants (always cold in the theater). How was the movie? Better than the book, I thought (a rare thing!). I gave it 2/5 stars on Goodreads. You can see my review here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/24022758. My favorite part of the book, the strongest part, was the unique setting of a circus during the Depression-era. That came across great in the movie. I even felt okay with Robert Pattinson, which is a major thing for me to say. I did not like him as Cedric Diggory, and when I found out he was going to be Edward Cullen, I was very, very disappointed (I'm still not really over my disappointment).

No comments:

Post a Comment