Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Memorial Day

I woke up this morning and sent up a prayer for all the veterans, all those currently serving, and their families. Then I decided to find something to wear that was red, white, and/or blue. I was surprised to find that I don't have a lot of patriotic colors in my wardrobe. Here's what I came up with:
Tunic worn as shirt - Arden B., Belt - Target, White skirt - Charlotte Russe (Husband found), Pink-ish (Nordstrom site says they're Red) Wedges - Me Too
And that's the pose I came up with when Husband said, "Do something different!" I'm attempting to frame my curly hair...
...complete with a French braid!

4 comments:

  1. Love your hair. I like the girly look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did feel super girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you do that to your hair? I haven't been able to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy!

    I did a slightly deeper part on one side, and starting right at the part, did a French braid, scooping up the hair from my face to about...three inches in. I kept the braid going to behind and slightly below ear level, when it started to get a bit difficult, to be honest, and pinned it back with bobby pins. It looked a bit flat on the side without the braid, especially because of the deeper part I made, so I curled everything with a 1/2 curling iron, brushing it all with a comb when I was done. I adored how it looked for the first hour when the curls were super poufy, but even with hairspray, they turned into more gentle curls after a couple of hours, and stayed like that for the rest of the day.

    This isn't a hairstyle I would do any ol' day before work because it took about 20 to 30 minutes, but that was also mainly because I kept fussing with the curls.

    ReplyDelete