Monday, May 2, 2011

So I guess I'll wear black...

It was strange waking up to the clock radio's news of the killing of Osama bin Laden. I was shocked, but mainly, I just feel sad. Not for him, but the victims of 9/11 and their families, and anybody else that has felt its repercussions. In a somber mood, I put on black this morning. It's a color I have a lot of (it was the easiest way to build up a closet of clothes appropriate for the office) but not a color I gravitate to anymore (I own far more colors and warm browns now).
Blue undershirt - PacSun, Black transparent shirt - Express, Skirt - Gap, Bracelet - Some vendor in Honolulu, Shoes - Target
On a lighter note, I feel very feminine today, from the bows on my shoes, to the higher-waisted skirt, to the puffed sleeves. But it's hard to feel pretty or happy today, so I won't say much else. I know some people are hooting and hollering about bin Laden's death, and I'm glad if this brings any comfort to the victims' families, but I just feel like being quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment