Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm a (tired) girl, wheee!

I did a silly thing last night and stayed up late reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. And I actually felt full of energy this morning, mainly because my outfit made me happy. Then I started to draaaagggg after lunch. I vow tonight to go to bed at a decent hour. Even though I'm in the middle of one of the last chapters, The Servant of Lord Voldemort (which means I'm about halfway through the exciting conclusion). Here's the outfit that kept me going through the morning:
Shirt - Lacoste, Belt - New York & Company, Skirt - Anthropologie, Wedges - Sam Edelman
 I recently got the skirt on sale at Anthropologie. The most exciting part? It has pockets! I adore skirts and dresses with pockets. And this cut of skirt will always make me want to twirl around, squealing that I'm a girl, wheeee! But then I got home with newly-purchased skirt and realized that I didn't have a top to go with my fabulous skirt. Uggghhh. I wore this shirt with it, thought it was looser than I wanted it to be.
It's just the right color! Oh well. I wore the belt hoping to distract from the bagginess. I adore this belt. It's actually three belts that you can zipper together to make one wide belt. And I normally wear it backward.
Actually, I normally braid the three belts and then wear it backward, but that will be for another day. I hope a happier, energy-filled day.

P.S. You know what I just realized? I took off my belt and pulled out my shirt a smidge, and it looks so much better. I just had to embrace the looseness of the shirt. A perfect example of just working with what you've got.

1 comment:

  1. I got addicted to Harry Potter too back in college. I even wanted to be absent in school just to finish it (but I didn't). I love that belt! I wish I have a belt like that.

    ReplyDelete