Saturday, April 30, 2011

A blog is born

I've been threatening to do it for a while--start a blog. Husband actually brought it up to me first. He knows I like to write, and thought it would be a good outlet. All I knew was that I have been spending a lot of time lately combing through fashion blogs, so why shouldn't I have one too? I think I love my clothes just as much as other fashion bloggers. And I love books just as much as I love my clothes. A blog is born.
Head scarf - Primark, Denim dress - H&M, Purse - Kate Spade, Wedges - Me Too
It was a beatiful spring day, so I had to whip out my flowered head scarf (plus maybe my hair was bad). A beautiful spring day also calls for a bright purse, courtesy of Husband, a gift from our first wedding anniversary (my first Kate Spade bag--I keep lovingly petting it). And maybe also a beautiful spring day calls for happy shoes. With so many bright, happy colors, I needed a simple dress, this denim one from H&M.

Here are the details:

The book I'm holding is Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, which I recently finished. My complete thoughts about the book are on Goodreads at http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/129592942. I gave it 3.5/5 stars. I didn't get a chance to read much of anything today, except for Rachel Ray's first cookbook, 30-Minute Meals. Husband was craving Italian, so I made Spicy Beef Balls, meatballs that really weren't actually spicy at all, along with pasta with roasted eggplant sauce. To show what an extra-special wife I am, I also made his favorite cookies, ricotta mini-cakes.

So today I made food. Then I made a blog.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! For the same bag! :) ... And welcome to the world of blogging! Can't wait to know you better!

    ♥ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete