Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oooh...cashmere

Yesterday was not Casual Friday for me because I had a big meeting. I decided to do it up right then and bring out the finest of my J.Crew clothing.
Brown faux fur sweater - Zara, Necklace - Arden B., Sea foam cashmere top - J.Crew, Viridian green No. 2 pencil skirt - J.Crew, Cognac brown boots - Miz Mooz
This skirt is very easily the most expensive skirt in my closet, but it also makes me feel like a million bucks, which is always a good feeling before, during, and after these meetings.
But what was the most soothing part of my outfit?
I had to pair the skirt with my new cashmere top found at the J.Crew warehouse sale. Any time I rubbed my bare arms or hands over this, I just felt like, Ahhhh, so soooooft. And only for twenty bucks! Thus, balancing out the price of the skirt. I strongly suggest cashmere, but I know it can be painful to pay full price. Look for it on sale, especially as stores change their seasonal clothing.
And because it was crazy cold....
I added my trusty faux fur sweater, which will keep me warm in a pinch, but never gets too hot. And the boots? Well, I couldn't decide what color shoes to go with, and when in doubt, people, go for cognac! It goes with everything. The neutral color also helped to balance out the monochromatic skirt+shirt combo. And to play off the greens, I added the bluey-green necklace from Arden B.

Oh, the meeting?...Okay? It was very low-key, but I still managed to talk too fast and look at my report too much. My colleague reassured me that the person we were speaking with kept lighting up. My other colleague said he almost fell asleep (my colleague, not the gentleman we were talking to), which...sigh. I don't know if that speaks more about me or him.

2 comments: