Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Military Chic

As soon as I got back from Boston, I had to take part in the latest BDIB challenge, military chic.
Military-inspired blazer - alice + olivia, via Off Saks 5th, White cami - American Eagle, Floral tunic - Primark, Black jeans - Gap, Gray boots - Vince Camuto
I knew as soon as I saw the challenge that I had to wear this Alice and Olivia blazer. I truly love Alice and Olivia, and this is my first and only thing from them.
Thank goodness it's got the military look going on.
I knew I wanted to wear this blazer with something girly and floral. The only thing I wish is that this tunic was long enough to be a dress. The flouncy tiers at the bottom are too cute.
I seriously checked myself in the mirror a lot, wondering, What if I just don't wear pants?
And, oh boy, did you see the shoulder pads in this blazer? It called for adding some height with majorly pulling up my hair and adding a few inches at my feet (see the wedge boots in the pic above).
Details of the blazer, including shoulder pads!

3 comments:

  1. that jacket really looks chic. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just adore your jacket! you look wonderful!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! It's always nice to get compliments from such stylish women!

    ReplyDelete