Saturday, November 19, 2011

BlackBerryin' in Boston (2 days) - Post #2

After getting some work done yesterday, Workmate and I trotted around Boston for a Freedom Trail Tour. When the evening rolled around, I traded the clothes and sneakers for more work, including a delightful dinner meeting at the Atlantic Fish Company (great salmon, with onions and sweet potatoes, and my first time eating oysters, not fried that is).
Purple sweater and cami set - Ann Taylor Loft (Present from Sister a while back!), Wrap dress worn as skirt - Express, Geometric patterned tights - Target, Boots - Gentle Souls from Kenneth Cole
Today was more work, but as soon as I got back to my hotel room, I pulled off my work clothes for a break in PJs (so no work outfit pics). That's pretty unusual for me because I'm not a comfy sweats- or PJ-type gal but I was craving that comfort. I changed to head to the North End with Workmate for dinner and dessert (cannoli at Modern Pastry--yummy!).
Purple pashmina - Nordstrom (Present from Husband), Teal sweater - Express, Black tank underneath - Target, Black coat - Gap, Leopard gloves - Birthday present from Parents!, Jeans - 7 for All Mankind, Sneakers - Puma
Sometimes, including tonight, I wish I was one of those women that always looks put-together and fashionable. I saw so many women with nice boots or heels, fabulous coats, fashionable fur accessories, etc. But I'm not used to city life and I want to be comfortable on long walks, so I end up in sneakers. Or I hate packing my nicest things, wondering if I'll spill or tear or somehow mess up everything because traveling can be difficult! And of course, you can only pack so much. Anybody else that travels a lot that has advice or similar problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment