Friday, July 15, 2011

30 for 30 Summer 2011: Outfit 27

Oh, hello there.
White cami (underneath) - American Eagle, Shirt - Uniquities, Belt - Primark, Skirt - Anthropologie
Why, yes, this does look very similar to Outfit 1, down to the hair and everything. But I added a belt! And I'm doing some serious pattern mixing, playing off the light pink in both the shirt and the skirt. And I changed my shoes.
See? Different shoes.
I really think it's just the hair throwing you off.
Speaking of being thrown off, Thursday night (this outfit is also from Thursday), I finished The Fates Will Find Their Way by Hannah Pittard. I had to finish it. Like most other Powell's Indiespensable book choices, the writing was completely gorgeous and sucked me in. To the point where I read it in the tub until the water was cold. Then crawled into bed and finished it at 1:30 in the morning. I give it a 3/5. Spoilers ahead...
I saw some not so good reviews of the book on Goodreads, mainly centering around how the mystery of What Happened to Nora Lindell doesn't get solved. To me, that's not really the point of the book. Sure, yes, I'm curious about what happened to her. Though just as well written, the part with living with the Mexican man and three children was a bit weird. But I didn't finish it and think, Ahhh, what, was she living with the Mexican, did she die, did she end up in Mumbai with a beautiful woman, what?! I mean, duh, she's dead. This isn't a mystery. This is about life and its possibilities and how it goes on and on and on and you might sit around and wonder, What happened to her?...What would have happened to me if I...?...How come I never knew that guy was like that?...but, it is goes on. And you gotta go along with it. Maybe with some of the people that know you best (the people you grew up with), you can sit and wonder with them and fantasize and guess and retell shared memories, but that's all it is. And after awhile, man, you let go of that too. Then you keep going with having your pool parties and crawling into bed with your wife and just going on with your life. Nora Lindell isn't a mystery, she's a symbol of lost opportunities, a long ago childhood, and yeah, she's dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment