Monday, July 18, 2011

30 for 30 Summer 2011: Outfit 30

Wow. I did it.
Black polo tunic - Lacoste, White skirt - Charlotte Russe, Belt - Primark, Strappy sandals - Jeffrey Campbell
I wish so much that I could have worn my gold espadrilles. Or put on some color. But I couldn't. I'm so tired. Instead, you get shiny, shiny hair.
It's not just me, right? That hair looks shinier than usual.
And a shiny, shiny bag.
Pay no attention to how wonky my hair looks in the back.
A few things I've realized.
  1. Pattern mixing--I am back in the game. During the winter months, I felt like a got a good handle on pattern mixing (before this blog was born), but I was kind of afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it in the summer (less layers). The 30 for 30 challenged me to mix, and I think I went over and beyond what I was doing in the winter.
  2. Red and yellow are great statement colors, whether it's your main piece, or an accent.
  3. Hairstyles are so important. This feeling has been growing since starting the blog, but it really became clear during the challenge. It can change the entire mood behind an outfit. It can elevate it beyond "that dress you always wear" or "just another jeans and tee". I can't promise I'll have great hair everyday, but I'll try more.
  4. I might need more necklaces in my life...and scarves (those didn't come out at all during the 30 for 30, though I tried a few times in my closet)...and a few more belts too. Necklaces make a little statement that go a long way, while scarves give you a fun accent of color, and belts really tie things together!
  5. Next challenge, choose less cardigans. There were some I only wore once! What a waste!
  6. Instead of cardigans, choose more shoes. Preferably one in a fun color. I missed my shoes so much.
  7. I don't need as many clothes as I have. Not to say I'm going to throw away everything except these 30 pieces, or never buy anything again, but I definitely feel very comfortable saying, You know what? I can slow down the buying. I believe in my own creativity. (Oh, right, #4 goes against this. Well, I'll do more thrifting.)

6 comments:

  1. Another great hair day and outfit, congrats on finishing up the 30 for 30! Great realizations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a good job of mixing it up and making the same clothes look unique. I originally thought all of the outfits were different, but it was brought to my attention that there were repeats (thanks dragon lady).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pat on the back, Cindy!

    Hi, Robert! Thanks for visiting! Ha, if my outfits fooled you into thinking everything was different, then I must have done an okay job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Robert, your blog inspired me to put up in a Goodreads widget of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you inspired me to do my own 30 for 30, except I have to get about 20 more items. Do socks count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, does one pair of socks count as one, or does each individual sock count?

    ReplyDelete