Monday, July 30, 2012

Manicure Monday: Patriotism

So you've seen me do Pac-Man and pink and red color-blocking, but what about when you have another patriotic holiday rolling around like 4th of July (I know it's now end of July, but this is coming to you a little bit late!)?
  • Prep your nails--remove old nail polish, push and cut cuticles, cut and file nails if you need to, etc.
  • Put on your trusty clear base coat.
  • Go with your lightest color first, in this case, white. Put on as many coats as you need to make it look good, in this case, three before the white looked strong enough. 
  • Allow plenty of time to dry! I went for about 30 minutes.
  • Cut strips of Scotch tape. Place across nails, leaving some hanging off the sides. In this case, I put the tape in the middle to preserve the white, then I was able to paint on either side. 
  • Put on a coat of red at the bottom, blue at the top.
  • Again, allow plenty of time to dry. I went for another 30 minutes. 
  • Peel off the tape. This should be easy if you left tape on the sides to pull from. 
  • Put on your trusty clear top coat.
  • Wave your flags and your nails in celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment