Monday, July 2, 2012

Beach weekend

Husband, Child, and I got away along with the in-laws to Myrtle Beach for a weekend. It was Baby's first beach weekend! I saw one other pregnant lady, but many more families with their young babies. I kept picturing next year when Baby Girl would be out and about in the sand and water too.
Hat - San Diego Hat Company, Cover-up - Nordstrom, Flip-flops - Rainbows
So that isn't the most flattering picture of me, but I love my colorful cover-up, so had to show you guys. Also, again, Baby's first beach trip! And I love my hat. Husband and I got it in Hawaii. It has SPF protection in it, travels well because it easily folds and unfolds, and it's stiffer than most floppy hats so I can keep it from falling over my eyes.
Important for reading: Not-too-floppy hat, Kindle, protective Kindle cover.
I mainly sat at the edge of the water (I didn't want to get knocked over by waves) and read Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie. It's a great book! I won't give a full review, but it's chock-full of Russian history, and makes the Romanov family so real. I recommend it for those fascinated by royalty, Russia, history, or the mystery of what happened to the Romanovs (Anastasia didn't live, you guys).

No comments:

Post a Comment