Wednesday, August 1, 2012

30 for 30 Pregnancy Edition: Outfit 12 + Review and Wear Wednesday

We're not taking a break from the 30 for 30 because I managed to put together an outfit from my choices that tied in my book and the 4th of July holiday all in one.
Star scarf - Primark, Dress - ASOS Maternity
Okay, yes, it's a pretty simple outfit, but still, yay--stars, stripes, blue and white all rolled into one.
Maybe you think I'm missing something?
Some red maybe? Well, I have red lips, one, and two:
Don't forget the red in my patriotic nails!
And what about my patriotic book? I gave The Summer of 1787 by David O. Stewart 2 out of 5 stars.

This one was a slow read. I did learn a lot, but already most of the details have already left my head. The big picture stuff I do remember--the South had a lot more influence on the Constitution than I realized; at that point, slavery was already a big issue but one people mostly tap-danced around; and nothing was easy to agree upon--the men who invented the Constitution debated everything and could only compromise. It's amazing that with all of the individual states' demands that we managed to get anything, let alone a document that, for the most part, still works today. And has influenced other governments! That is actually very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment